Re: Cone PiezographyBW

Thanks for the info on MIS inks, Nick. You might also want to check out
Lincoln Inks at www.lincolninks.com. I've seen examples of their quadtone
print output and it's very good.

About the Transfer Function's not working with Peizography: Since
Transfer Functions and Curves are really the same thing (Transfer
Function does provides a higher degree of precision when designing the
Curve), you can create your Transfer Function and then apply it to your
grayscale image as a Curve or Curve Adjustment Layer. I do this all the
time.

One word of warning: A Mac is smart enough to regard Curves and Transfer
Functions as the same thing, meaning you can open both from either the
Curves or Transfer Function Dialog Box. On a PC, things get a bit more
difficult (what's new) in that the correct file extension must be on the
Curve or Transfer Function in order for the corresponding dialog box to
recognize it.

I've had very good luck with the Piezography software and inks but I
certainly understand that the 1160 is a quirky beast and others might
want to try different solutions. I should also add that Bill Bergh in
Tech Support at inkjetmall.com has been very responsive whenever I've
called with questions or problems.

Hope this helps!

Dan