Re: Refilling Epson Ink Cartridges

I have purchased inks from the Media Street folks.
Syringes etc.
I took my cartridges apart w/a medium size camera screwdriver and injected
ink until the bag bulged. Heck, I even ripped the bag out and made it
separate from the cartridge. It's held in by a re-stickable glue gun gunk.
No problem.
Wearing darkroom latex gloves ($6/100) and working in my sink there is
actually very little spillage. My gloves are now multicolored so I won't
hide from the fact some spillage occurs. I inject a little more than 4 ozs.
per cartridge. However, since I refill when the indicator says so, sometimes
one cartridge might need more or less and I can now do it visually.
The visual process just means that i put in ink and do not allow the side of
the cartridge to bulge.
But, care, and perseverance,  as in all of our alt processes, brings one
success . . like the I Ching says.
You can also purchase the little nipple that is pierced when you insert the
cartridge into the printer. I replaced these small nipples and sucked the
excess air out and just print away w/no problems.
I also place a small dish, at night, into the printer (I own an Epson 3000)
and the dish has a small sponge wet with isopropyl alcohol and Windex. I put
a plastic cover over the printer and that aids in maintaining a damp
atmosphere which inhibits heads from drying up.
Cheers
jack Fulton