RE: MOUNTING

From: garimo (omirag@cruzio.com)
Date: 12/01/01-11:59:37 PM Z

>But then you have the pieces of paper still fastened to the back of the
>print? If you want to re-mount, you put other pieces of paper next to
>them? However, I would EXPECT that in time the thickness of the paper
>could become visible through the print unless it's on quite heavy paper.

So far, the papers I have mounted this way have been heavy papers.
Handmade paper printed with liquid light and Arches Platine. I've not
yet had to remounted any. They've been framed with museum board/cotton
matting materials and seem to have held together pretty well, even when
shipped from California to New York by UPS. I don't know why you would
EXPECT the paper to become visible through the print. It's not like
there has to be any pressure pushing the print onto the folded holder
if there is a space between the mat board and the glass. The print just
floats in the space. I suspect it's possible the paper could become
visible if the print was pressed against the glass, but I don't think
prints pressed against the glass is in the best interest of any print
with or without little pieces of paper on the back.
garimo