More on the Epson 2000P

From: Robert W. Schramm (schrammrus@hotmail.com)
Date: 12/03/01-05:32:08 PM Z

I have one of these printers in my own studio and one where I work. We bought the first one when they first came out and have had it for about a year. It gets pretty hard use and sits idle over vacations but has never given a bit of trouble. Epson claims that the prints can last 100-200 years. I read an article that quoted an independent testing lab that claimed at least 100 years. Thats archival. 25 years is about the same as a ordinary color print.

You have to use their ink, which is a pigment-not a dye, and their paper. The prints are beautiful. The color is accurate and fully saturated.

I never used to do much in color because I did not want to sell someone a non-archival print. I did do some prints in Ilfochrome (Cibachrome) but thought that there was too much contrast. Anyway, Ilfochrome is very expensive.

Now that I have this printer I am doing more color. The price per print is very reasonable.

BTW you must turn off the printer before turning off the power so that the print heads will go into "park" that way they won't dry out and clog. Found that out the hard way.

Bob Schramm

Check out my web page at:
http://www.SchrammStudio.com
also look at: