Re: Virus alert

From: Juan Riera (juanriera@hotmail.com)
Date: 12/09/01-04:47:09 AM Z

Witho and all list members,
Fortunately, SULFNBK.EXE is not a virus but a standard Windows component,
and you should not remove it unless you are sure it is infected. If it is on
\Windows\Command folder it should be OK.
Some people gets some fun in sending confusing messages about false virus
(this is usually called an 'hoax' virus). But ATTENTION if this file has
been sent to you as an attachment or if it is not on \Windows\Command
folder, it can be infected with a virus.
Symantec has a page with some useful information:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/sulfnbk.exe.warning.html

As this type of message gets diffused very fast, it is very important NOT
passing any virus alarm that is not tested as harmful at one of the
antivirus sites. I find the one at Symantec specially good :
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/

Best regards,
Juan

Descargue GRATUITAMENTE MSN Explorer en http://explorer.msn.es/intl.asp