Re: UV Article

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 12/10/01-10:55:43 PM Z

Judy Seigel wrote:

> > I think this is a legitimate concern. If you are using the two-tube
>> holders with 3/4" spacing between the tubes there is some point in
>> bringing the tubes closer to the contact frame where you are going to
>> get so close that banding (or stripping) will take place. I will bet,
>> for example, that if you place the contact frame at 1-2" from the
>> tubes there would be some banding on the print.
>

>How much is that bet? I'm finishing some tests that I will show in
>upcoming P-F, and though, as noted, I rarely bet less than a million
>dollars, I'm very soft-hearted.
>
>J.

I won't take your bet on this because I actually hope you are right.
I recently replaced my bank of 24" tubes with very close spacing
(about 1/4") with a larger bank of 48" tubes with 3/4" spacing and
have assumed up to now that it would be necessary to use the new bank
farther from the exposing plane than the old bank, which I was using
at about 2". If I can actually use the new bank at the same distance
as the old one, without banding, so much the better.

Sandy King