Re: Making Daguerrotypes plates

From: cris bierrenbach (crisbi@uol.com.br)
Date: 12/20/01-07:55:08 AM Z

hy manuel,

my name is cristiana, i'm brazilian and I'm working with daguerreotypes
also. I know you from the alt-proc list and I've been wishing to contact you
for some time but I am a little bit lazy to write in another language and
also a bit stressed out trying to make a living over here (which is not very
easy)
I'm working with the Bequerel method (without the mercury) and it works all
right but I intend to start testing the other method.
I thought maybe you might be interested in exchanging experiences. I don't
know anyone around here working with dags. my only contact is jerry
spagnoli, who taught me, and is kind of helpfull sometimes (he is getting
big in the US and is most of the time tooooo busy. and there is always his
moods..)
I built my fuming box for the iodine using his plans and it works great.
you were asking the list the other day about Silverplater, well, I don't
have a clue what this is but I can tell you that I'm having my plates plate
very nicely and extremelly cheap here in sao paulo, if you are interested.
it was difficult in the begining to find suppliers and stuff but I found
these guys who understood right away the delicacy of this business of mine.
good luck with your dags and write to me anytime you need to talk about
daguerreotypes or else.
wish I could write spanish but I can only understand it. you can write in
spanish if you prefer.
un abrazo,

cris