Brown vs. Green

From: Linas Kudzma (lkudzma@earthlink.net)
Date: 12/31/01-11:56:14 AM Z

Here's a question that I have not seen discussed. What blocks UV more
efficiently, brown or green? It would seem to me that brown would. Brown
bottles seem to be the norm for storing light sensitive materials. Or does
Heineken beer know something :).

If brown blocks UV best, it would seem that the brown stain of catechol
(Pyrocat-HD) should bump contrast for UV exposure more than the green stain
of pyrogallol (PMK and Rollo Pyro).

Has anyone done some tests with a UV meter or have an authoritative answer
to this?

Linas Kudzma