Re: Desk top paper negatives - wax?

FotoDave@aol.com
Date: 02/01/01-07:57:42 AM Z

<< Christina, I hate to embarrass myself in front of the whole class -- but I
 don't get that. I mean with all due respect to M. Mortensen, what's the
 point of making wet mess full of pitfalls for a pos, when you could just
 make a simple pos the regular way?

I think from the description it sounds like the purpose is to make the paper
behave like printing-out paper so that it will have a self-masking effect on
the shadow so that the shadow doesn't block up.

But there are other less messy methods of achieving the same thing (and with
more control). Masking would be one example.