Re: Desktop Negative Material in Rolls

From: Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.co.uk)
Date: 02/02/01-11:19:35 AM Z

> And no matter how you choose to make your negatives, you really MUST
> check out www.inkjetmall.com for their QuadTone inks and Piezography
> software. Besides being a great system for making desktop negatives
> (especially with the Epson 1160 printer), the black and white prints on
> art paper using Jon Cone's inks and software are stunning.

Indeed they are. I've spent a little time playing with this and keep
getting amazed. If you are used to printing from ink jets they may take a
little time getting used to, as you can print all the way from 0-255
rather than having to cut the range slightly to retain highlight and
shadow detail as I've always needed to using Epson drivers.

On the Pictorico OHP film, is this simply gelatine coated? The material
they sent me for testing says it is coated with 'a transparent layer of
ultrafine ceramic particles which form a vast number of regularly shaped
pores.' I don't think gelatin can be described as 'ceramic'. However I
have yet to use the film.

Peter Marshall
Photography Guide at About http://photography.about.com/
email: photography.guide@about.com