Re: pipette dreams

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 02/07/01-03:57:04 PM Z

Having measured by dropper, pipette, syringe, eye, graduate, teaspoon,
mental telepathy, et al, these many years, I am totally confused as to
meaning of this thread.

Syringes are readily available, without the needle, which you don't want
anyway. Try veterinarian supplies, among others. They're commonly used
for managing flow of inkjet ink -- every single person on epson list has
several. So ask them where obtained.

Also American Science & Surplus sells glass (and I believe plastic)
pipettes in all sizes. I have a bunch, but like droppers better. Now tell
me again, why can't we just count drops? When something goes above, say
40 drops, which is 2 ml, I use graduate. Have a VERY precious 5 ml glass
graduate, which I handle like the kohinoor diamond, because they don't
make them any more, but you can get a 10 ml, which measures 2 ml OK.

Plastic dropper is more consistent from dropper to dropper than glass,
because plastic is molded, all out of one mold would be the same. Glass is
blown or extruded, with possibility of variations in nozzle size.

PS. From Post-Factory: American Science & Surplus is www.sciplus.com.
Tri-Ess probably has single graduates, as do other sources (also as I
recall listed in P-F).

Judy