Re: pipette dreams

From: George Huczek (ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca)
Date: 02/07/01-05:09:33 PM Z

If micropipettes are way overpriced (they are for me), you can try using
disposable serological pipettes. They are cheap enough to buy a box of 200
and dispose of them at the end of each printing session. No more Pt
cross-contamination problems that way! I use Costar Stripettes, available
from medical and lab suppliers, and these have a 1 mL capacity, graduated
in 1/100 mL. Using a 2 mL pipette pump and one of these, I can repeatedly
measure out small volumes of liquid very accurately. I also use 10 mL and
25 mL pipettes (non-disposable) for larger volumes. Just thought I'd pass
along what I do.