8x10 Digital Neg Offer

From: Joshua Withers (jjwithers@hotmail.com)
Date: 02/09/01-09:00:14 PM Z

Hello

I am a bit new to this group and I am not sure this posting will even work.
I have been doing some work with the digital to tradational print processes
and currently have "moonlighting" access to a 8x10 LVT film recorder. For
those who don't know, LVT (light valve technology) is a continous tone, high
resolution output device to film . It is probably the best there is out
there when it comes to film recorders. The actual file it takes is 9.4x7.5
inches at 1016dpi.

What I typically do is write files to chrome (E100SW) for commercial
photography purposes. Another aspect is the fine art side which entails
writing a file to 8x10 T-Max and then contact printing that film in the
darkroom. Other possibilities include ganging up a few digital files (4 -
4x5's for example) and then tradationally printing each one as you would in
the wet darkroom.

I am not sure if anybody on this list would benifit or even be interested in
obtaining some of these digital negatives but if so, you can contact me at
jjwithers@hotmail.com

I guess I am just throwing this out there to see if there is a
response. If so, I'll negotiate fees (certainly cheaper than the typical
$275 a shot at a service bureau), materials, processing, shipping,
turnaround etc...

happy printing!
j. withers