Re:sketchy Temperprint was preshrink

From: Peter Fredrik (pete@fotem.demon.co.uk)
Date: 02/10/01-05:57:17 PM Z

Hi Sarah

Sarah Van Keuren wrote:

> Now I have also read
> Sandy King's essay on monochrome carbon printing which is very well done
> (but daunting in its requirements) and Peter Fredrick's essay on Fredrick
> temperaprint which is sketchier and not my personal cup of tea in its look,
> but nevertheless very intriguing and tempting to try (not as daunting).

My contribution to Coming into focus was deliberately sketchy. My intention was
to provide a description of how to use the process in simple terms not to try
and mystify .I think it is only fair too the process not to judge it by the
style or nature of the images printed in the book. My work is often dramatic
and has been described as brash by well meaning friends. The process is capable
of very sensitive and subtle control it is truly manipulative in its
capability. As a comparatively young photo/alt process there is still much to
discover.
So please Sarah don't throw out the baby with the bath water.

Pete