different processes illustrated

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 02/11/01-06:16:52 PM Z

On Sat, 10 Feb 2001, Pam Niedermayer wrote:

> I thought the article was boring and basically useless, nothing was
> really said that matters, with one exception. I think it's a pretty
> good idea to take a single image and print it using all processes. Of
> course, it would be quite a negative that would shine in all
> processes, but still an interesting illustration of each process.

My non-silver students used to print same neg in different processes,
either as a "project" or to avoid making new negatives. For what it's
worth, VDB could match curve of pt/pd perfectly. Vandyke brown always
looked better than silver print of same neg (self-masking gave better
shadow separation). And since you ask -- gum, if they did it, was usually
"best." Judy