Re: Print drying - was: preshrink

From: Sarah Van Keuren (svk@steuber.com)
Date: 02/12/01-09:29:06 PM Z

Speed of drying must have some sort of lasting effect. My friend and teacher
Patricia Dreher who was part of the non-silver revival in the early '70's
also worked with fabric. She showed me how to shape a sweater after washing
‹ beyond what I knew about just laying it flat on a towel. The arms could be
lengthened by pulling them out or shortened by letting them dry sort of
scrunched up and other shaping could occur. I can't say that she applied
selective drying but look at how clothes shrink in dryers. They don't just
relax and return to their former size in the closet or drawer. Maybe I'll
test with a hairdryer on BFK in my spare timeŠ