pot. ox.

From: DAVID DISTEFANO (zfd@lightspeed.net)
Date: 02/13/01-05:40:28 PM Z

In the "New Platinum Print" book it stats that pot. ox. last a
considerable length of time (within reason) and you just add new
developer over time to make up for lost developer.

When I make a new batch of pot. ox. and start a printing session, after
the session the developer has a dingy color to it. The developer seems
to work when it is used again and I have added 25% new developer to the
mix.

Is this normal or would I be better off making new developer for each
session?

Another question: for a ziatype before surface drying I let it rest for
2 minutes so it can soak into the paper, is this also a good idea in the
DOP. Arches is the paper that I use.

Thanks
David