Using Lith film as In-camera negatives: was: Definition of alternative photo processes

From: Cor Breukel (cor@lumc.nl)
Date: 02/14/01-03:26:25 AM Z

FotoDave@aol.com wrote:

> I just want to mention that Arista lith film has a short exposure range (the
> number of stops it can separate) although it has a high density range. This
> means that even if you use Dektol to lower the density range, you will still
> have compressed highlights and shadows.
>

> At one time cor from this list is trying to use lith film or in-camera
> negative. I am wondering how the result is. Cor?

Dave,

I do use Arista Lith film as a in camera negative on a regular basis
(you can call a average of 2 exposures with my 18*24 cm russian camera
per month regular I suppose..;-)..). As far as I can tell there is a
good range of zones on the film, IMHO I get decent/nice prints with
these negatives. I did write up a little article about the Arista Lith
film and LC1 (you formula) developer for PF, but Judy could not publish
it due to overwhelming amounts of material for the last issue. She
promised to publish it in the next issue.

Best,

Cor