Re: Definition of alternative photo processes

FotoDave@aol.com
Date: 02/13/01-03:25:53 PM Z

<< I have considered fashioning a 5x8 film holder and using ortho litho film
available in 8x10 sheets. Dilute Dektol can be used to yield continuous
tones. I realize this is silver chemistry, but the the effective film speed
would be in th 19th Century range (an ISO of 1/2 according to the supplier,
Freestyle Photo)

I just want to mention that Arista lith film has a short exposure range (the
number of stops it can separate) although it has a high density range. This
means that even if you use Dektol to lower the density range, you will still
have compressed highlights and shadows.

If you are shooting still objects (most likely you will be because of the
speed of the film), you can expose one negative for highlight and one for
shadow and somehow combine the use of them later. Or you wil lhave to use
some specially low-contrast developer to significantly lower the contrast
such that you don't have that much compression.

At one time cor from this list is trying to use lith film or in-camera
negative. I am wondering how the result is. Cor?

Dave S