Ri:virus warning

alnovo@inwind.it
Date: 02/20/01-01:13:55 AM Z

> Everyone,
>
> There are two viruses floating around the groups. One is that nasty Snow White virus, the other shows up with no email subject, no sender and no message, just an attachment. The one with no name has a file called onjiblon.exe as an attachment. I was able to track the routing and saw that it came from one of the lists. These viruses self replicate and go out through the victims email program, the sender (victim-host) is completely unaware, so check you drives everyone. I missed the Snow White virus a couple of months ago, and it played hell with my pc. (It slowly destroys the registry)
>
> Happy hunting,
>
> Joe

Both viruses are "trojan" type. That is, they are inside an attachment and start spreading once that attachment has been opened.
The main suggestion is: do not open unsolicited attachments, and delete the whole message.
This recommendation is EVER a good role of thumb.

See also:
www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/w95.hybris.gen.html
www.isp-planet.com/technology/snow_white_virus_bol.html

Alberto