Re: 7x17 negs in pyro -- Jobo success?

From: Sandy King (sanking@hubcap.clemson.edu)
Date: 02/28/01-06:23:48 AM Z

Michael,

The Pyrocat formula delivers the same high resolution qualities as PMK and
ABC+, together with the same qualities of separation in the highlights, and
it has has several advantages over PMK. It is less toxic, gives a slightly
higher effective film speed (much higher than ABC+), and causes less uneven
staining. Plus, pyrocatechin is much less expensive than pyrogallol.
Pyrocat also has good stability in stock solution, tested to at least 6
months, though in this regard PMK, which is stable for years in stock
solution, is better.

With the 1:1:100 dilution, development times are virtually identical to
those of PMK. For the more energetic 2:2:100 dilution, which I use for all
of my 7X17 and 12X20 negatives that are to be printed in carbon, I can
provide you on request information from my film tests for development to a
specific CI with a number of films, including HP5+, BPF, FP4+ and TRI-X.

Sandy