Re: palladium questions

From: Sarah Van Keuren (svk@steuber.com)
Date: 02/27/01-09:47:17 PM Z

> If you have a stoppered bottle of palladium that is 3/4 full, will it still
> be good after one year?
In my experience, yes, it will still be good.
> What might be the cause of two round, about the size of jelly bellies,
> circles of lighter, lesser exposed palladium? There was no condensation in
> the contact frame, the paper was Crane's Kid Finish, it was coated with a
> puddle pusher. They are somewhat circular, but irregular.
I have seen shapes like that when the puddle pusher was used on an ever so
slightly irregular surface. Taping the paper to clean glass works best.

> And, third and final question, what is the dilution of EDTA you guys use?
If it isn't clearing your print, add more, according to Melody Bostick years
ago. But now we use sodium sulfite for stubborn cases.

>OH no, one more: did you guys ever figure out what the actual cause of bronzing
is, and is it
It has to be a form of solarization. I see it routinely in the brushed on
edges of prints that received more exposure than anything beneath the film
and sometimes it occurs in the most open parts even beneath the negative.

> true that the addition of a bit (how much of a bit) of platinum to the
> palladium brew will stop this from happening?

I've heard that it will but haven't tried it.
> Chris

Sarah