Large negatives for gum printing

From: Eirik Berger (eirik@grafisknord.no)
Date: 02/28/01-06:40:16 AM Z

As you all know, negatives the same size as your finished print is
required in most of the alternative processes.
I use 6x6 and 6x7 cameras mostly and need to enlarge the negatives. I have
used a service bureau for this, and I have scanned my images and printed
them on transparent film in wanted size (Epson 1270). This works pretty
well, but I guess it is considered cheating.

If I want to enlarge my negatives in my enlarger (up to 50 x 60 cm), which
kind of film should I use?
I would prefer an orthocromatic film.

Or, can I do this in an other way?

Eirik Berger