Re: large format negatives

From: Burkhardt Kiegeland (bkiegeland@weisserlotus.co.at)
Date: 01/04/01-12:56:57 PM Z

Flat bottom trays I find impossible to work with -
especially because of the gloves I need for PMK. There are
just beautiful trays made by Deville on the market which
have a kind of knuckeld(?) bottom. This is better than
grooves or ridges.

Burkhardt Kiegeland

Just curious, why is a flat bottom tray "prefereable for use
with developer?" Since trying a flat bottom tray a while
back, I've used trays
with four or five "troughs" (Patterson I think) because I
found it next to impossible to lift the bottom sheet of film
off a flat bottom
tray, especially when wearing rubber gloves as I do now.
However, I might try it again if I was convinced that there
was a
real advantage.