Re: Splicing Software

ewaldz@execpc.com
Date: 01/04/01-05:12:00 PM Z

> I would like to scan some of my large carbon prints, size 7X17 and
12X20. I
> have a Microtek E6 scanner size 8.5 X 13", obviously too small to
scan even
> the smaller of the two sizes. I understand there is software that
will
> allow me to scan in pieces and splice the image later. What do I
need? I
> have a MAC G3 Powerbook.
>
> Thanks for any advice re: how to scan and splice.
>

> Sandy King

Sandy, check out the following link for freeware panoramic stitching
software at Helmut Dersch's site:

http://www.fh-furtwangen.de/%7Edersch/

I have used the PC version of the software to stitch together multiple
35mm scans from my Horizon 202 scanning pano camera.

I am positive the site has Mac versions as well.

The software is a little terse in terms of user-friendlyness, but it
IS free. There are tools there as well for perspective correction,
etc.

Good Luck,

Dave Ewaldz
Rockford, Illinois