RE: Ruby glass Ambrotype

From: ken watson (watsok@frii.com)
Date: 01/07/01-10:44:29 AM Z

Howdy,

 The ruby glass is hard to find today. The best you can do is deep red
stained glass but it is difficult to find it dark red. So there is a black
stained glass that I have used. As for the tinting I believe these are
brushed on using the classical dry pigments. I have also been told that
modern food colors, diluted, work.

All of this is minor stuff compared to getting your wet plate kit together
and making your first image, on your own.