Re: More on safelights

tonyascrizzi@juno.com
Date: 01/12/01-11:20:48 PM Z

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001 20:55:26 -0800 Steve Shapiro <sgshiya@redshift.com>
writes:
> What's the blue? Color safe?

Steve, I use the blue for my contact printer and for copy work. When set
up with an electronic ballast, available at Home Depot or an electrical
supply house, they are instant on.

My experience is in conventional photographic processes, B&W and
Color (C-41 & RA-4). Judging from the brightness I would imagine they are
suitable for most any purpose requiring bright blue light. The color is
like the "bug zapper violet" but pure blue, not blacklight blue.

Tony Ascrizzi