Re: APIS-2001

From: Richard Sullivan FRPS (richsul@earthlink.net)
Date: 01/15/01-12:52:34 PM Z

Galina,

Dr Bjelkhagen's email: Hans Bjelkhagen <hansholo@aol.com>

This Lippmann stuff is a real hoot. I think Hans is working with a Dutchman
who is doing it as fine art.

I hope you can make it. Your presentation last year really got them
excited. great work. As you notice it was not just the presentations that
made the affair but also the camaraderie and networking of like minded people.

We have arranged for staying at the dorm for longer periods. This is
something we did not anticipate last time and have corrected this time.
Fill out the form and email me the particulars on days etc.

It is at St. John's College. The last 18th Century College left in the US,
a sister College to St John's in Annopolis. No electives, all students take
the same courses at the same time. Latin and Greek are required. Basic
Science I is Aristotle read in Greek! Unabashedly Western Canon. I think
they get up to Henry James or something like that. We will be holding all
the APIS sessions in Classical Greek. (Just kidding!!!)

Cheers.

--Dick

At 05:01 PM 1/14/2001 +0100, you wrote:
>Dear Dick,
>
>good to hear that you are doing it again !
>
>I am not sure, I can make it this time, but I am thinking about it.
>
>I have a couple of questions before I can make up my mind about attending
>APIS this time:
>
>- Could you give me the address of Hans Bjelkhagen ?
>
>- Would it be possible to stay at the dormitary longer than three days of
>the symposium or should one book a hotel for the rest of the time one wants
>to stay in Santa Fe ?
>
>Best regards to your wife and boys !
>
>Galina.
>

>Galina Manikova.