Re: the strange stain

From: Sandy King (sanking@hubcap.clemson.edu)
Date: 01/16/01-11:07:38 PM Z

Judy,

When the issue of stained gelatin (apparently caused by glyoxal) came up I
at first reported that I had not seen this. Later I noticed that some of my
papers sized with glyoxal did in fact have the stain, and it was in the
areas of the paper where the gelatin size had pooled up. I sent a message
to the list inquiring about the problem and got back a few comments from
folks who had experienced the stain. We also had this thread on the carbon
list and what some reported was that the stain will clear completely after
5-10 minutes in a 3-4% sodium bisulfite bath.

Sandy King