Re: the strange stain

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 01/17/01-12:01:39 AM Z

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Sandy King wrote:

> ... We also had this thread on the carbon
> list and what some reported was that the stain will clear completely after
> 5-10 minutes in a 3-4% sodium bisulfite bath.

Ah, very interesting. Unless I've done something bad, like leaving coated
or undeveloped print long time in hot weather, I don't need to clear gum,
so would never have thought of that.

Was there any discussion about *keeping* working solution of glyoxal? I
recently used some kept about 3 weeks. Didn't harden the gelatin -- it
stained badly. Today I'm going to try some just 2 days old with some
methyl alcohol in it as preservative.

I wonder if it would keep better in refrigerator?

Judy