Re: film reticulation and lens website

From: Darryl Baird (dbaird@flint.umich.edu)
Date: 01/18/01-05:38:29 PM Z

Hey Christina,

God, I hate to admit this, but... I recently reticulated a roll of Tri-X
(TXP 120) by simply leaving it in a wash with warm (80 degree) water for
a long time, probably 30-40 minutes. As my defense, it gets really
hectic around my house some days, with the four grandchildren living
with us and I got distracted.

I was (still am) very upset as there were some very nice stone circle
rocks from Avebury on this roll. I developed in Rollo Pyro, and a non
hardening fixer. With a loupe the pattern is like a dried river bottom,
or a dried mud flow. OK if you want it, but not my cup of tea.

go for it

--
Darryl Baird