Re: Dan Burkholder's book

From: Sarah Van Keuren (svk@steuber.com)
Date: 01/19/01-09:36:51 PM Z

James Romeo on 1/19/01 wrote:
> Thanks for the info.
> I am very interested in the making digital paper neg.
> A few ?
> What would be a good paper to use.
> Judy said Dan Burkholder wrote a book that covers this sub. Does eny one
> know the name of the book?İhanks
> James

James, I just finished reading Dan's Burkholder's 'Making Digital Negatives
for Contact Printing' from cover to cover while on a vacation of sorts. I've
had the book for over a year and had read various parts of it, especially
the chapter on Desktop Negatives, but never the entire text. I found it very
engaging, understandable and helpful. The illustrations and figures are well
done and there's a wealth of useful material on the CD. All kinds are
mysteries are cleared up for me now and I am eager to apply what I have
learned to making better imagesetter and desktop digital negatives. His
sense of humor and high spirits keep the reader going through the more
difficult material. Dan has been very generous in sharing what he has
learned the hard way with his readers.

Sarah Van Keuren