Re: UV lamp

FotoDave@aol.com
Date: 01/21/01-04:46:31 PM Z

<< Dave, how much is 269,000 lire in $$$? (Amazing that folks in sunny
 Italy buy tanning lamps. I mean are we decadent, or what ?!)

Hi Judy,

That would be roughly $135. It's not bad for a unit that can expose 11x14
print, isn't it?

<< Think I recall that certain tanning bulbs were either banned or restricted
 in US a while back, tho don't know if wavelength lower or riskier or
 stronger than BL. Maybe because people lie facing it, danger considered
 greater? >>

It's interesting that the people here are using it (I found that one in an
"ordinary" store. I mean, they sell clothings, coffee makers, cooking
utensils, etc. etc.). I guess if people use it with reasonable care, it
should be ok. I think probably there are just too many lawsuits in the US>

>> How's your Italian, Dave? Can you find out wavelength? Or maybe Chris
 knows ?

My Italian is very poor. I don't know a word before I came here (I am here
for short-term, 2 week only). An American company sent me here to do some
programming work, so I don't have to speak any Italian. I only "talk" to a
machine. So far I only know "bon juorno" (sp?) and only added "bona sera" to
my vocabulary recent. There is a nice Italian guard who always politely and
friendlily say "good morning" to me *any* time he sees me, so I also say
"good morning" to him when I go to work in the morning and leave work in the
evening.

Back to the UV unit, I found the pictures on the European site. The address is
http://www.homeandbody.philips.com/ProductGroup/index.asp?Action=DisplayS&Fami

lyGroup=Body+%26+Beauty&MainGroup=Tanning&ProductGroup=Facial+Solaria

Since the store that displayed it is just a regular store, I don't think they
have the wavelength info, but one might be able to find it from Philips web
site. Actually what I like most is the ready-made design. I figure if the
bulb is not the right type, I can replace them with BL bulbs.

I am not buying one because I have one already, but I noticed that Chris who
asked the question was from the UK, so I thought I would mention it, but it
turned out he was already using one.

Dave S