UV lamp

FotoDave@aol.com
Date: 01/21/01-05:50:36 AM Z

<< Thanks very much for the info Judy - I can use your tube spec to ask around
 here in the UK. BTW, I should have mentioned that the sunlamp I currently
 use has four 7 inch UV tubes in front of a reflector, so image fall off isnt
 such a problem as it would be with a single bulb.

Hi Chris,

Did you build your sunlamp or you did you purchase it and what was it
intended for? I am in Italy (only currently, I am usually from Michigan, US)
and yesterday I went to an IperStore and saw some home tanning unit. They
were called "Home Solaris" made by Philips, Holland. From what I could see,
they were just *perfect* for alt. process.

I came back to the hotel and checked the web site but found that I could not
find *any* information on US web sites. I think it is probably not allowed in
the US due to regulations, but maybe it is easy to get in the UK.

The store displayed two models. One is good for 8x10 print, another can make
11x14. The bigger one costs $269,000 Lire, which is not bad at all (bulbs
included). It also has a build-in timer. It looks very nice!

I am still debating on whether I should buy one. I know they use 210-220V
here, but I can get a transformer for that. What I am not sure is whether the
bulb size, length, etc. are in metric, so it's probably hard for me to get
replacement bulbs back in the US. Does anyone have information on this?

Dave S