PC GERE

From: Bob Kiss (bobkiss@caribsurf.com)
Date: 01/25/01-03:39:16 AM Z

DEAR DAVE, CRAIG, AND LIST,
    I, too, saw the show of Gere's prints at Howard Greenberg's gallery a
few years ago. Gere is a Buddhist and speaks Tibetan. It is amazing how
much a little respect for, and sensitivity to, a culture can do. It just
takes some time and effort which many in the fast lane are not willing to
devote. Perhaps this is the theme behind the "RWG" label.
    I recall finding that Gere seemed very intimate with the subjects but I
also recall not being that impressed with the photography itself. I think
my impression was "great prints of pretty good images". I most sincerely
applaud his intentions and efforts though.
        CHEERS!
            BOB KISS