Re: coating cyano

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 01/26/01-11:22:41 PM Z

On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, Peter Fredrik wrote:

> Construct a clear acetate sheet with register marks made through the
> computer or by drawing with a permanent ink marker used for lith neg retouching.
> Make the sheet at least one inch larger than the largest negative
> dimension all round the register must lie in this inch border.
>
> Place your waxed neg face up, in the centre of the sheet, and then
> attach to the acetate piggyback fashion with the use of magic tape on
> each corner.

OK, it's almost February, think I've got it -- which is to say negative
still goes directly on the print, so you don't lose contact. But still the
light is going through the acetate -- how is that optically, & what does
it do speed-wise?

I have some polyester might be optically pure. Will try.

Thanks. (Now I only have to make the negative. That's lesson #2.)

Judy