Re: coating cyano

From: Peter Fredrik (pete@fotem.demon.co.uk)
Date: 01/26/01-04:45:50 PM Z

Dear Judy,

Judy Seigel wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, Peter Fredrik wrote:
>
> > Construct a clear acetate sheet with register marks made through the
> > computer or by drawing with a permanent ink marker used for lith neg retouching.
> > Make the sheet at least one inch larger than the largest negative
> > dimension all round the register must lie in this inch border.
> >
> > Place your waxed neg face up, in the centre of the sheet, and then
> > attach to the acetate piggyback fashion with the use of magic tape on
> > each corner.
>
> OK, it's almost February, think I've got it -- which is to say negative
> still goes directly on the print, so you don't lose contact. But still the
> light is going through the acetate -- how is that optically, & what does
> it do speed-wise?

I would guess nothing at all being clear, but should there be some absorption by the
base it must be slight
some experts say that polyester absorbs UV others say this does not matter as the
radiation which causes the tanning action lies in the spectral region of 440
nanometers which is before you get to the UV the simple fact is I don't know I can
only give a guesstimate, lets put it this way we have not noticed any difference in
practice

> Thanks. (Now I only have to make the negative. That's lesson #2.)
>
> Judy

I am afraid that will have wait until we write chapter two

Pete