Re: Re: Re: digital gum negatives (was: Re: Shooting forAlternativeProcesses)

From: Larry Roohr (lrryr@home.com)
Date: 07/04/01-06:51:37 PM Z

Joe,

It is ammonium dichromate and I am using an 1160. OK on the questions, you
and I are in the same boat, lets keep up the discussion. If this gets
tiresome for the list we can take it offline.

I've done a second print with the burnt siena gauche and a second coat of
lamp black gauche, I dont think I was supposed to use gauche for the second
coat or the first for that matter for a multi coat print but it was a large
improvement over the first print.

You know I've been a sworn piezo user (and still am) but I really missed
hand making prints, I've had a thoroughly enjoyable day.

Larry

> Larry,
>
> Yes, I'd like to see it. Can you email a pic to me offlist when you get a
> chance?
>
> I've only used white gauche on black paper so I'd like to see how an
opaque
> watercolor pigment looks with gum on a light paper, especially with the
> quadtone system and a contone negative. (Whaddya call a digital negative
with
> halftone dots so small it appears continuous tone?). I'm assuming the
> dichromate is the ammonium variety because of the (solubility) % solution
you
> cite. What brand pigment and type of light bank are you
using...fluorescent,
> photoflood, metal halide, or ___ ? An 1160 Epson or some other model?
>
> Sorry for so many questions, but since I just started tweaking the
Cone/Epson