Re: [Fwd: Re: Art and livelihood]

From: christine (christine@napc.com)
Date: 07/06/01-02:31:51 PM Z

Hi Val,

I often find it difficult to answer the question, what kind of work. I shoot
mostly 4x5, have been known to use a 21/4 as a "snapshot" camera, but am
making the transition to 8x10. I am new to alt photo, having done only silver
prints. I just made my first POP prints the other day. I want to try all the
processes before I settle on one, but I have a feeling I really am going to
like Ziatypes. We'll see. I shoot lots of different stuff, mostly landscapes
and people. I guess my photography is trying to describe my realtionship
with the world around me. I have a fairly simple approach - I just want to
make beautiful images of what I see. I am especially drawn to anyhting with
an ethereal quality. I guess that's why I like Kerik and Carl's work so much!

About the housing, neither my partner nor I are big fans of Rhode Island ( no
offense R.I. people). Every time he's gone to that state, something really
bad happened, the first time his dog died, and the second time, a deer ran
across 95 and he hit it, so there's bad feelings surrounding that state for
him. I have no reason other than not really liking Southern NE in genereal.
I prefer the North Shore to the South Shore and really like New Hampshire. If
I were to buy a home in Ma I would probably choose the Gloucester area. But I
can't affaord it right now. I'm still paying off credit card debt left over
from art school, and then from my period of unemployment when I got laid off.
Sometimes it feels like youn just can't get ahead.

How bout yourself?
-christine