Re: [Fwd: Re: Art and livelihood]

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 07/06/01-02:06:18 PM Z

On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, christine wrote:

> Pam Niedermayer wrote:
>
> > Not necessarily, a great percentage of those with genius IQ's
> > (traditional tests) work at manual/unskilled labor type jobs so they
> > can keep their minds free for more serious thoughts.

Obviously no one size fits all, but I agree with Pam. I remember the
comment of a friend who had finally taken what we called a "dumb girl" job
in an office. It was a great relief: "All I have to remember is to turn
the typewriter off when I leave."

Of course that was in the days of electric typewriters... today the
computer turns itself off.

Judy