Re: Dan answers the where-to-buy-book question

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 07/10/01-07:48:57 AM Z

Dan Burkholder wrote:
> Now how do I properly respond to comments that subtlety suggest that one
> is less than generous if they actually charge for their
> effort/knowledge/talent etc? I guess I'll somewhat clumsily declare that
> my first devotion is to photography and my second to art. For two years
> my artistic efforts have been muted as I've assumed the role of
> facilitator for others as they struggle to enter the most exciting period
> we've ever witnessed in the history of photography. That's OK. I enjoy
> teaching and get lots of emotional reward from sharing information, even
> when I'm not doing it for free. ...

And that is OK. I do not claim that you are in any way less than
generous, if fact quite the opposite. But my concern is supported by
your statement that your photographic art has been taking second place
to your photographic facilitation. This seems to be one of the traps
that all too many of us become lured into.

I am pleased to hear that you plan to concentrate more on your creative
photography.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/