Re: Frosted Glass

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 07/16/01-02:57:32 PM Z

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 Argon3@aol.com wrote:

> As far as the sharp edges on the glass is concerned, you can ask a glass shop
> to "swipe" the edges and that will give you a sort of bevel on the edges that
> will be easier to handle. This will add to the expense so you might want to
> hang on till you perfect the surface of the glass before you have it "swiped".

Put on a pair of work gloves and go over the edges with a medium-coarse
sandpaper once or twice. Serves the purpose perfectly and is surprisingly
(or as G W Bush would say, AMAZINGLY) easy.

I've annealed the edges of all darkroom & studio glass this way. And lest
the procedure worry Bob Maxey, it's OK: I have a heart & lungs of glass,
so the particles I breathe are quite energizing.

Judy