Re: helios & other pigment info

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 07/16/01-03:11:50 PM Z

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 BobWicks@aol.com wrote:

> Hi Judy;
> In reference to your stain tests, I wonder if you have ever tried to apply a
> thin coat on Gesso on your paper? Since I have been doing this, I have never
> had a stain problem and you can apply it to any paper and get good results.

Hi Bob,

I tried several versions, different brands & dilutions of gesso as size,
but found it paled out the colors (they looked pastel) and flaked, also
printed very short scale. I suppose it's a matter of what kind of
printing you're doing, where you focus. I myself don't have a staining
problem -- except with black. Even when I MIX a black from not-black
colors to simulate black, it likes to stain. (Hmmm, maybe a coat of gesso,
then black, then gelatin... nah, by then grain of paper is all filled in.)

Judy