Re: hanging sheet film

From: Matthew Hoffman (mhoffman2@sprynet.com)
Date: 07/16/01-03:14:53 PM Z

With all the positive accounts of metal film clips, makes me wonder what
I've done wrong. My experience with 4x5 film is that the clips tend to skate
off the film unless they're given a goodly "bite"--one that extends to the
image area. I've also had rusting problems, even with clips advertised as
stainless. My solution has been to use wooden clothes pins. They give a good
grip even on tiny corners, and they're certainly cheap enough. The wood
absorbs chemicals readily, however, so negatives have to be thoroughly
cleaned to prevent future contamination.

-- Matthew