Re: hanging sheet film

From: Shannon Stoney (shannonstoney@earthlink.net)
Date: 07/16/01-06:01:23 PM Z

>>>Well, some of my marks are pretty bad, and show up pretty clearly on a
>>>contact print. I suppose if you were enlarging, you could enlarge so
> that
>>>the mark doesn't show, but not with contact prints.
>
> Now you understand the design of Kodaks version and what can happen if
> you are using a wrong clip. Film clips should never clip into the image
> area. They are also spring loaded and grip firmly. The problem is their
> cost. Even 15 years ago they were expensive. I am not sure of
> availability, however.

They don't really get into the image except where the image goes into the
margin of the negative, as it does on 4x5 sheet film in the holders that I
use. I found some dental x-ray film clips, and they were very expensive!
$45 for a dozen. They were called "kodak film clips" at a dental x-ray
supply site.

--shannon