Re: Frosted Glass

bmaxey1@juno.com
Date: 07/16/01-05:02:58 PM Z

>>I've annealed the edges of all darkroom & studio glass this way. And
lest
>>the procedure worry Bob Maxey, it's OK: I have a heart & lungs of
glass,
>>so the particles I breathe are quite energizing.

Not at all Judy - This is the procedure I recommend in my book about
making Front Surface Mirrors. However, I advise the reader that he/she
can do this in a wash tub under water to control the glass particles if
there is concern. Also, do it outside - not where pets and children or
food is present and wear safety glasses just in case... Just wrap the
sanding material over a wood block and just sand until the sharp edges
are removed.

You can also sand it smooth if you want to take the time. There are files
made for this as well. If you need lots of glass, you can visit a
Lapidary shop for other tools and materials.

Just do not get cut.