Re: HP5 and fog

From: Sandy King (sanking@hubcap.clemson.edu)
Date: 07/19/01-08:48:22 PM Z

If you are doing rotary processing I recommend both ABC+ at 2:4:100
or PYROCAT-HD at 2:2:100 for development of HP5+. I am getting very
low b+f levels (around 0.15) with both combinations with development
times up to 20 minutes at 76F. These numbers are about the same I see
with D76. However, be sure to use fresh stock solutions with both
ABC+ and Pyrocat -- both of theses developers cause increased levels
of b+f if the stock solutions are more than three months old.

In my opinion D76 works fine with HP5+ for subjects with a normal SBR
range of 7. However, for those scenes with an SBR of 5 or 6 you
really need the additional contrast that is provided by the stained
image of ABC+ or PYROCAT.

Sandy King