BPF 200

From: Sandy King (sanking@hubcap.clemson.edu)
Date: 07/19/01-09:05:39 PM Z

For a recent trip out west last minute circumstances forced me to
chose BPF 200 over HP5+ for my 12X20 sheet film. I was a bit hesitant
about the choice because although I have used and carefully tested
BPF in the past, time did not give me an opportunity to adequately
test this emulsion batch.

Having now returned home and finding myself about half way through
developing the exposed film I exposed on my trip I must say that I am
very pleased with BPF. I used BPF at an EI of 150 (EI of 300 when
basing exposure on an incident reading in the shadows) and found that
this EI gave me more than adequate detail in the shadows. Development
has been with either ABC+(2:4:100) or PYROCAT-HD (2:2:100) and
rotary processing for about 20 minutes at 76F has worked really well
for those negatives that were exposed in a SBR of 5 (which is most of
my work). Normal scenes (SBR of 7) require development times of
around 13 minutes at 72F for DR of 1.6. B+F is also low, about 0.10,
and in order to keep it as low as possible I have chosen to use an
acid stop bath. For what it is worth I never use an after bath of the
used developer with staining developers as my tests show that this
only adds undesirable overall fog.

Sandy King