Re: buying a jobo processor

From: Carl Weese (cweese@earthlink.net)
Date: 07/20/01-09:50:56 AM Z

The Jobo machine is a whole semi-automatic processing system, not simply a
"base" and it's priced accordingly. The Expert Drums are much superior for
film to standard print drums, and also quite efficient, handling 5 8x10's at
a time. You can put these on a standard base, but it's tricky and you need
to introduce the chemicals while the drum is turning to have them properly
distributed. The Jobo with Expert drums will also handle color negatives and
chromes with ease, and color prints as well. It's all very nice, but there's
no reason you can't get first rate results doing your 8x10 film in trays,
and save a whole lot of money to spend on film and paper.---Carl

--
        web site with picture galleries
        and workshop information at:

http://home.earthlink.net/~cweese/