Re: tray-development

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 07/20/01-03:45:30 AM Z

Carl Weese wrote:

there's
> no reason you can't get first rate results doing your 8x10 film in trays,
> --

I can attest to the truth of this statement, having recently taken up
developing 8x10 and 4x5 sheet film in trays and finding it not nearly as
difficult as I feared it might be. (Although of course I've developed
ortho-litho film for enlarged contact negatives and from pinhole cameras
in trays, this seems like a whole different thing to me somehow.) The
hardest part was getting the darkroom dark enough, since it has two
French doors opening to the outside, but once I solved that problem I
was home free. I'm the kind of person who usually has to go through a
whole lot of supplies before I get the hang of something, but I've got
good results from the beginning with this, as long as I'm doing several
sheets at once. I don't get as good results with one sheet at a time.
kt